As the deadline for online tax returns looms, for many panic may be setting in! Some may not even know that they need to submit a tax return.
Here are some of the reasons you’ll need to send a tax return if, in the last tax year:
- you were self-employed
- your income from savings or investments (or dividends from shares) was £10,000 or more before tax
- you were a company director
- your income (or your partner’s) was over £50,000 and one of you claimed Child Benefit
- your taxable income was over £100,000
- you were a trustee of a trust or registered pension scheme
Feeling overwhelmed? Help is at hand! This week on MoneyTalk, Simon will be sharing his top tips on tax.
Tune in on Friday from 1pm on Channel Radio.